Wednesday, April 9, 2014

This Dress Turns Transparent When You're 'Turned on' NEw Fashions




This Dress Turns Transparent When You're 'Turned on' Considering that the gimmick behind mood rings still sort of blows my mind, I'm having a really tough time trying to process this: Studio Roosegaarde's new Intimacy  dress, which shifts from opaque to transparent when its wearer is "turned on." Oh, it's simple really, according to the designers. The dress is made up of "smart e-foils" that respond "to the heartbeat of each person," becoming "more or less transparent" with faster or slower heartbeats. In theory, that makes sense: My heart rate would definitellllly rise if I saw Ryan Gosling walk into my favorite Lower East Side coffee shop, so yeah. But it'd also rise if I were nervous (public speaking), mildly exerting myself (running late for the subway, fighting with the weird microwave at work), or over-caffeinated (always) and those are all probably not times I'd like to be instantly, uncontrollably naked. Actually, wait, neither would that moment when I'd run into Ryan Gosling at a coffee shop, so it all seems pretty dicey, but you know, the designers disagree.

Gwyneth Paltrow Gives Us a Lesson in How to Fashion Up a Maxi Dress

Gwyneth Paltrow Gives Us a Lesson in How to Fashion Up a Maxi Dress Gwyneth Paltrow Gives Us a Lesson in How to Hot Up a Maxi Dress Asos We...